2013-present: Arlington, VA. ACW Dances. Founder and Artistic Director.
2012-2013: Arlington, VA. Jane Franklin Dance Company. Company dancer and administrative associate. Primary responsibilities:
- Developing corporate and local business relations
- Publicity relating to concerts and dance camps
- Coordinating dance camps for low-income children
- Coordinating the annual benefit and silent auction
2012- 2014: Alexandria, VA. Local Motion Studio. Workshop coordinator, dance and Pilates educator. Primary responsibilities:
- Facilitating discussions with prospective teachers
- Coordinating, publicizing, and running workshops
- Teaching creative movement, youth creative modern, teen jazz, adult ballet, professional modern, and Pilates
2009-2014: Seattle, WA. Khambatta Dance Company. Project Coordinator for Beyond the Threshold Dance Intensive. Primary responsibilities:
- Compiling and maintaining a list of higher-education dance departments/programs
- Aiding in the design and dissemination of promotional materials
- Aiding in the design and implementation of the workshop curriculum
- Marketing the program locally, nationally, and internationally
- Accepting programs participant applications and selecting housing
- Helping to coordinate/manage outdoor site-specific performances
Nonprofit Management/Grant Writing Courses
2012: Intro to Corporate Giving; Reality Fundraising; Arts and Science Collaboration; Alexandria Grant Workshop; Creating Diversified Fundraising Plans
DANCE COMPANY WORK
2013-present: Arlington, VA. ACW Dances. Artistic Director and company dancer.
2012-present: Washington, DC. The Playground. Artistic Director: Daniel Burkholder.
2012-present: Alexandria, VA. Choreographer’s Collaboration Project. Directors: Mary Jo Smet and Janet Storms.
2012-2013: Arlington, VA. Jane Franklin Dance Company. Artistic Director: Jane Franklin.
2011-2012: Gifu, Japan. ModernDanceYou Co. Artistic Director: Yuko Shinoda.
2009-2010: Seattle, WA. The Khambatta Dance Company. Artistic Director: Cyrus Khambatta.
2012-2014: Alexandria, VA. Pilates and dance teacher at Local Motion Studio.
2012-2013: Arlington, VA. Pilates teacher at Crystal Park Sport & Health Club.
2011-2012: Gifu, Japan. Creative consultant, CI and Pilates teacher for ModernDanceYou Co.
2009-2010: Burien, WA. Momentum Dance and Music Academy. Creative movement, pre-ballet, ballet, and jazz instructor for children ages 3-14. Supervisor: Stephanie Moss.
2008 & 2009: UC Boulder. Graduate Part-Time Instructor (GPTI), Beginning Ballet and Beginning Modern for undergraduates. Teaching Assistant (TA), Looking at Dance.
2012-2014: Washington, DC. Continuing education in Pilates, Gyrokinesis, Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique, and Franklin Method at Local Motion Studio and Excel Pilates Studio.
2007-2009: Boulder, CO. Alexander Technique lessons.
2007-2009: UC Boulder. Attended three AT training workshops led by Nada Diachenko. Topics included: Using the Alexander Technique in Dance Teaching, Anatomy of the Foot, and A Balanced Approach to Dancing.
2009: University of Colorado at Boulder, MFA. Concentrated studies in: somatics, dance administration, performance, choreography, and pedagogy.
2007: Classical Pilates Instructor, Certified by Pilates of Cherry Creek, Denver, CO.
2005: Oberlin College, BA. Biology with High Honors, minors in psychology and dance.
For more about me, please contact me directly.